Great Saltair Family Pictures | M Family | Evolve Photography
I had so much fun with the M family out at the Great Saltair! I hadn't seen them in awhile and I was so happy when they reached out to me for some updated family photos. Mallory had seen some photos taken at Saltair and knew that's where she wanted to go. She even had some ideas in mind already of how she wanted to display her photos in their home too!
We started the session with some photos by the Saltair building.
We got various shots on the large stretch of dirt. There were several other groups there but it's plenty big that it's not really a problem avoiding having people in the background.
IF YOU HAVEN'T BEEN THERE BEFORE, IT'S EASY TO ACCESS
- Search for "The Great Saltair" in Google Maps and it will navigate you right there.
- Park on the road and then walk right through the gate and start exploring.
- This is a concert venue, so I always do a quick check on the website here to see if there are any events on the day I'm planning a shoot there.
The last time they officially had family photos taken was back when their son was a toddler. At their request, we re-created this same pose, isn't that so cute?
If you have a pose you like to repeat each year be sure and let me know when we are planning your shoot so we can re-create it! It makes for some really fun photos to look back on over the years!
Stay for the sunset!
I love the warm, light filled images at this location, but if you stay until sunset and a few minutes after, you get more even lighting and you might just get to see some pretty sky colors too....Especially if it has rained recently.
At this location YOU'LL FIND:
- A unique, neutral colored building with some texture.
- Tall grasses and rocks
- Neutral, sandy, beachy look
- Water access
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
- There are no restroom facilities nearby
- Depending on when you go, some areas might be a little muddy, so keep that in mind when selecting your outfits and footwear.
- It's a bit of a walk to get to the water, and if you decide to take pictures in the water it's kind of gross. You could bring water shoes or brave it and go barefoot. I would recommend bringing some wipes or a jug of water and towels to rinse off afterward!
- In the warmer months there are often annoying little gnats, so bug spray is recommended!